Things to Do: Learn to read Greek

Tuesday, September 4, 2007
Posted by chelsea

I think I'm coming down with a cold because my throat has been quite sore lately. Little George (turned a year old today!) has the sniffles and he puts his hands everywhere (including my mouth and nose if I'm not fast enough), so I'm pretty sure he gave it to me. I decided I needed to get myself some vitamin C from the pharmacy around the corner. On my walk with George (I walk him in the stroller for an hour each morning) I went down and got what I could find, which looked to me like those tablets you just pop in your mouth and chew up. I was excited that I could take one immediately and as I set out on my way with George, I popped one in my mouth to let that vitamin C take action. Unfortunately, they were the tablets that you're supposed to drop in a glass of water to dissolve and they fizz like Alka Seltzer...definitely not chewable. Immediately, I began to foam at the mouth as the bitter orange-flavored tablet went to work. Not wanting to waste a perfectly good tablet, I did my best to swallow the foam as it continued to accumulate faster and faster in my mouth. This went on for about 3 minutes before I just couldn't take it anymore and was forced to spit out the remainder of the tablet on the side of the road.

I'm sure that it was quite a sight to see a 22 year-old American girl walking a little Greek baby around in a stroller while foaming at the mouth and coughing.

If there were ever a time I wished I could have read Greek, that was definitely it. From now on, I'll wait until someone gets home before trying to self-medicate.

No comments: