making the old new again

Sunday, February 22, 2009
Posted by chelsea

I've been staying in a lot more lately...partly due to wanting to save money, but even more so because I'm just so tired of winter. The cold has officially gotten to my very core and made me even more of a recluse than I was before.

On the bright side, I've been doing a lot more with my apartment because of this fact. One of my favorite new additions is a teeny tiny desk that I found on Craigslist for a whole $5. It had only two legs and was advertised as a lap desk to rest on your lap as you do paperwork. Lucky for me, I saw a whole lot of potential in it, including the fact that it would fit perfectly in my very limited space.

I bought two 'L brackets' from Ikea for fifty cents each to mount it to the wall, making this whole project a whooping $6 since I already had the paint.

Before...(I know you're thinking, how could I possibly want to paint over this heart-tastic design?!?!)



After...(I love blues...and it's the absolute perfect size for my sewing machine!) I want to do something with the wooden top, like decoupage something awesome onto it, but I can't decide what...suggestions welcome!