It's a Christmas miracle!

Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Posted by chelsea

For the past month or so, I've been certain I would be spending Christmas alone, with my tripod tree (glorious as it is) and cat. This past Friday, I was graced with Ashley and Joel Selby's presence in my humble abode for the day to celebrate their newly proclaimed holiday...Chelsmas. Their gift to me was both unexpected and delightful...it was a series of many gifts, which consisted of different increments of money, with little notes stating things like, "What could you do with $5?...Get Loulou some treats!"


(Ashley and I in front of my tripod tree and stocking as we celebrate Chelsmas.)

The last in the line of presents was still more money, with the statement, "What could you do with $60?...Come to Parkersburg for Christmas!!!!!"

I'm pretty sure I teared up a bit when I read that. I was absolutely resigned to not being able to make it out there this year, but after this incredible bid towards my presence, I had to at least put forth a valiant effort.

I timidly approach my employer about getting some time off in order to make the trip, ready with tears in waiting just in case I needed the big guns. Luckily, no waterworks were needed and I was rewarded with four glorious days of time off to go spend my Christmas in Parkersburg.

So, after I open the coffee shop bright and early tomorrow (which is actually today at this point, and only four and half hours away...I need to stop this night-owl thing), I will be running around to finish a few thing before I hit the road in the afternoon.

(This is one of my favorite photos I took last year in Parkersburg during Christmas. It's through the sunroof on my car...)


So, a very Merry Christmas to everyone...and safe travels to all of you who aren't sticking at home this year. I'm vowing to start updating my blog more than once a month, so here's hoping I'll stick to it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chelsea, I was very happy to read that you didn't have to spend Chrismas alone. You were on my mind a lot and I so wished you were here with us. I don't know if you got my e-mail. Our system is pretty unreliable at times, so I thought I'd give this a shot. If you don't want me to write again please say so. I just want you to know that I love you and miss you very much. 8chukars@centurytel.net

Love, Dad